The Gama Network Appoints Stellar Advisory Board For The 2002 Game Developers Choice Awards
SAN FRANCISCO, CA - November 26, 2001 - The Gama Network and the International Game Developers Association (IGDA) have named the 2002 Game Developers Choice Awards advisory board.
The Game Developers Choice Award advisory board will shape the annual event and assist in the selection of non-voted honors, including the prestigious Lifetime Achievement award. Remaining distinctions will be nominated and voted on by professional game developers at large, beginning Jan. 2, 2002. In addition, board members will be presenters at the awards ceremony, scheduled to take place at the Game Developers Conference (GDC), March 21 - 23, 2002, in San Jose, California.
The board will seat the following influencers from the game development field:
- Hal Barwood, project leader, LucasArts (USA)
- Ellen Guon Beeman, CEO/designer, Beemania (USA)
- Cliff Bleszinkski, lead designer, Epic Games (USA)
- Louis Castle, general manager & co-founder, Westwood Studios (USA)
- Martin de Ronde, managing director, Lost Boys Games B.V. (Netherlands)
- Graeme Devine, project manager/designer, id Software (USA)
- Noah Falstein, president, The Inspiracy (USA)
- Nicolas Gaume, president, Kalisto Entertainment (France)
- Demis Hassabis, CEO & designer, Elixir Studios (England)
- Chris Kingsley, CTO, Rebellion Developments Ltd. (England)
- Gabe Newell, managing director and founder, Valve Software (USA)
- Dave Perry, president, Shiny Entertainment (USA)
- Kim Quirk, CEO, CogniToy (USA)
- Matthew Stibbe, director, Intelligent Games (England)
- Ragnar Tornquist, creative director, Funcom (Norway)
- Greg Zeschuk, joint CEO & co-founder, BioWare Corp. (Canada)
The Game Developers Choice Awards provide an unparalleled platform to recognize excellence in the game development community -- the awards are true industry accolades,'' said Devine. "I am personally very excited about participating; the advisory board represents some of the best minds in game development today.
About the International Game Developers Association (IGDA)
The International Game Developers Association is a non-profit membership organization that advocates globally on issues related to digital game creation. The IGDA's mission is to strengthen the international game development community and effect change to benefit that community. For more information on the IGDA, please visit www.igda.org or e-mail [email protected].
About the CMP Game Group
A core provider of essential information and community to the professional game industry, the CMP Game Group includes the Game Developers Conference, Game Developer magazine, Gamasutra.com, the Independent Games Festival, and the Game Developers Choice Awards. For more information, please visit www.cmpgame.com.
CMP Media LLC
CMP Media LLC (www.cmp.com) is a leading integrated media company providing essential information and marketing services to the entire technology spectrum -- the builders, sellers and users of technology worldwide. Capitalizing on its editorial strength, CMP is uniquely positioned to offer marketers comprehensive, integrated media solutions tailored to meet their individual needs. Its diverse products and services include newspapers, magazines, Internet products, research, direct marketing services, education and training, trade shows and conferences and custom publishing.